My WLS was originally scheduled for 8/27 and then was cancelled.  I'm waiting to hear from a different place and have no idea how long things might take.  I think everyone who knows me knows this story.

So, I was talking with my mom this morning.  I told her that I was back at my 10 pound weight loss.  After I attended my first WLS seminar, I began being a bit more careful with what I was eating.  I already know I have a fatty liver and to help with shrinking it, I started drinking protein shakes.  I also wanted to do a "taste run" on them in prep for surgery, etc.  Well, I ended up losing 10 pounds from mid-July to now.  But I haven't really been working too hard on it, especially after having my surgery cancelled.

Anyway, the scale has gone up and down a bit.  I was really ticked at my doc's office as her scale weighed me five pounds heavier - which I most definitely mentioned :) to her.  I told her that was why I generally skipped being weighed there because I'm usually keeping track of my weight and I don't need any more discouragement.  I'm sure you all know what I mean.

I was telling my mom that I'm impatient and want a surgery date but know I'm not gonna hear anytime soon.  Then we talked about the 10 pounds.  She said that she was sure I'd lose more before surgery.  I said that while that would be great, let's be realistic.  I have Medicaid - I'm not getting a date any time soon.  And gosh, the holidays are looming.  Sure, mom, no problems there.  I'm frustrated and disappointed and we're heading into the eating-est time of the year.  Oh, sure I'll maintain the 10 pound loss...arghhh.  Now, this conversation wouldn't have been so annoying if it wasn't for the fact that my mom battles her weight and knows better.  The woman thinks I'm Wonder Woman and Mother Theresa rolled into one.  I'm not sabotaging myself or planning to eat like a cow, but I am realistic.





Summer is sadly drawing to an end and I'm really gonna miss my wogging in the pool.  I'll be on the treadmill daily this fall and winter though.  I'm thinking about trying the Couch to 5K thing even before surgery.  I'll be walking though!  So...mom, I know you love me but you also know me.  Stop expecting things you want for me and settle for things I want for me!!  (Which she generally does to be honest.  I'm just cranky today maybe.)

3 comments:

Kinzie said...

WE all get to be cranky. Just do the best that you can do. You are not accountable to anyone. Chin up!

PS - there is a real problem with you "box" where we are to leave messages I think. It almost always don't let me scroll down enough to enter the secret code and click. You might try the sizing on it???? I can get it by pushing in my mouse button and using the auto page scroller. Make sense?

ThePoolGirl said...

Thanks for letting me know, Kinzie. I have no idea how to change it though :( If anyone does, please let me know!! Thanks!

Beth said...

Apparently you have to explain a LOT. ;)

And yeah, I have the same problem with your box, Pooly. lol

Post a Comment