Monday, Monday...

10/19/2009 05:15:00 PM | 0 Comments

Well, it's been quite a day.  I woke up with a migraine.  No fun.  Then I talked to my parents and learned that my sister-in-law's father died this morning.  He had been ill so it wasn't a surprise but just really sad.  She lost her mom the day after Mother's Day this year.  Not a good start to the week.


Yesterday I found that an art show I thought had been cancelled wasn't.  I did some checking and figured out that the coordinator sent the application to my old email address.  He had the new one.  Jerk.  I called him and got no real apology.  He said he'd used the email addresses available to him.  Uh, my new one was sure available.  I did publicity last year and he and I communicated via email frequently.  Arrgghh.



I decided that I was going to do the Couch to 5K thing.  I signed up but then found a program just for walking. Signed up for that one too.  I should be able to walk a 5K by the end of December.  Well, I DID IT!  I dusted off the treadmill and got my fat butt on it, aching head and all.  I did 20 minutes.  I tried really hard to not hold on.  That's so hard.  I feel like I'm gonna fall and the more I walk the number my feet get.  I'll keep practicing.  I'm going to try to walk tomorrow too.  The activity plan suggests doing cross-training every other day.  Since I can't get to my elliptical to do that, I think I'll just walk.  My head is killing me.  I'm hot and need a shower.  But I feel good.  I'm on the road again. 
Whoo Hoooo, well, sort of....

0 comments:

Post a Comment